Welcome (back) to Big Dance 2017.
Greetings, Earthlings! Our future is whatever we make it, so let's make history together: come travel through time with us at Big Dance's triumphant return #BackToRoble! We're headed back to when things might be heavier, actors could become presidents, and physics pick-up lines are accidentally invented. Whether we're parking or pushing 88mph, we'll be headed off the beaten path and testing the limits of the space-time continuum, but don't worry: where we're going, we don't need roads.
Please explore this website to learn more about this epic all-night Stanford dance tradition, and join the Big Dance event on Facebook to stay up to date!
Big Dance features a mix of popular dances such as swing, Latin, waltz and polka, as well as favorites such as the Cross-step Waltz Mixer and the Dawn Mazurka!
Big Dance 2017 is your chance to come enjoy...
- Live Music!
- Traditional Big Dance DJ Richard Powers!
- Performances by your favorite dance troupes!
- A time machine housed in the stylish Delorean*
- Dance contests and a costume contest!
- Age-old traditions and brand-new surprises!
* We do not provide any guarantees for reliable functionality.
When & Where
Friday, May 12th to Saturday, May 13th
9:00 PM to 6:00 AM
Big Dance will be held in Stanford's Roble Gym.